Although you can code on Scratch as a guest, registering an account makes the experience much better; you can share your own projects, they save automatically, and you can take advantage of the remix function. Registering an account is free! All you need is a valid email address.
1. Navigate to Scratch’s website. scratch.mit.edu
2. Click ‘Join Scratch’ in the top right corner
3. Create a username and password; if creating an account your child, make sure it’ll be easy for them to remember.
4. Scratch will then prompt you for more information, then your email.
5. Make sure to check your email and click the confirmation link; confirming your account is very important, as your child won’t be able to share or remix projects without it.
That’s it! You’re all set after that. Happy Scratching!